How To Lock Google Chrome And Protect Your Browsing Data 2018
How To Lock Google Chrome And Protect Your Browsing Data:
As all of us know that Google Chrome is the most popular and used web browser all over the world. Google says there are 2 billion Chrome browsers in use today. Other users prefer Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer whereas other prefer other Web browsers like Netscape, Opera, etc. But Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox is the most used and most preferred browser, but in the year 2018, the Google Chrome has come with a revolution in the browsing experience. Google chrome is beyond excellent as it has managed to set most of the trending browsers to follow it.
So you also use Chrome for your default browser, and you have very personal data or search history in your Chrome, and you don’t want anyone to see your data. So in this tutorial, I’m going to show you How To Lock Google Chrome And Protect Your Browsing Data.
Follow all the below simple Steps to Lock your Google chrome browser and Protect your browsing data from others in easy steps.
How to Lock Google Chrome?
1. First of all, you need to download a Google Chrome extension called “Set password for your browser ( chrome lock )” to protect or lock your browser.
2. Click on “Add to Chrome” and install the extension.
3. When the extension is installed, it will ask you to “set a new password”.
4. Enter your desired password you want to set up, then press OK.
5. Your browser will restart automatically.
6. Now again open chrome, it will ask to enter a password. Once you enter your password press OK.
7. Done now whenever you open the Google chrome it will request the password.
Note: “Set password for your browser ( chrome lock )” This extension is necessary to protect your browser from use by unauthorized persons. It’s simple you enter the password, save it and all! Each time you start the browser will need this password if you enter the wrong password the browser immediately close.
Also Read: 10 Best VLC Media Player Keyboard Shortcuts
How to Disable Set password for your browser ( chrome lock ) Extension.
1. Open Chrome Browser.
2. Enter Your Password.
3. Go To Three Dot Line in Upper Left Corner => More Tools => Extension.
4. Find Your Extension and Disable or Uninstall it. If You Don’t Want To Use.
5. That’s It.
This is an easy and fast way to disable your chrome extension. If your face any problem do this process. So let’s assume you forget your password, and you don’t want to uninstall chrome because it has a lot of essential data, so how fix this? Below is a full tutorial.
How to Open Chrome If You Forget Password
1. Close Chrome browser and find extensions folder and delete all extension folders manually.
2. Go to your my computer or This pc whatever OS your using.
3. Navigate This C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\UserData\Default\Extensions.
4. Delete all extension or find what extension you need to disable, and delete the entire folder.
5. That’s it enjoy!! 😊
“Set password for your browser ( chrome lock )” is one the best extension to lock google chrome and protect the data, it is beneficial for those who don’t want to share their browsing information with others, and it is also useful for the shared computer like different people using different browsers. I hope you enjoyed this post, if you find any difficulty to install the extension or if you found any problem don’t hesitate to comment here.